How this works:
Your password will be checked against
- length (must be at least 6 chars long)
- combinations of your username (forward and reverse)
- combinations of lowercase, uppercase, and digits
- a dictionary file of common words
- Use a password using the first letter of each word.
Example: "May the force be with you". Use: Mtfbwy
Or even change it up: MtfBwU!
- Use a random password generator
- Use a stong password, but still make it easy to remember. If it is too strong, you might end up writing it down or forgetting.
- These are just suggestions. Your password is still up for approval from the actual "passwd" change.
- Remember, a strong password is hard to guess.